Neumann University’s Website Now Mobile Optimized
Paskill Stapleton & Lord develops mobile-optimized site to engage growing smartphone market of prospective students, current student and alumni
Glenside, PA – October 11, 2011
Neumann University, recognizing the necessity of optimizing its website for mobile devices, announced completion of its mobile-optimized website: m.neumann.edu. The new mobile site, developed by the marketing and enrollment firm Paskill Stapleton & Lord, is based on the look and feel of the University’s current website, but designed specifically for mobile devices such as smartphones.
“With Nielsen reporting that by the end of 2011 more than 50% of mobile phone owners will have smartphones, it was clear to Neumann University’s admissions and marketing team that more and more prospective students, current students and alumni would be accessing its website through their mobile devices,” said Bill Hurlburt, Paskill Stapleton & Lord’s Vice President of Interactive Services.
Paskill Stapleton & Lord conducted a series of online surveys with potential mobile users to determine the kind of information they would be most likely to search for using their smartphones. Once this was completed, Paskill Stapleton & Lord developed the architecture, determined the flow of content and designed the mobile site to match the brand-look of the University’s desktop website.
“The architecture of the mobile site is very focused on what mobile users want to access,” said Hurlburt. “With a desktop site, the information is spread out horizontally while with a mobile site it vertically oriented. Since it often requires more clicks to get where you want the information needs to be organized in a way that allows for quick access.”
The Neumann University mobile website uses the Mobify web platform and content management system which automatically optimizes the site for specific of handheld devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry etc.). In addition, Mobify synchronizes content on both the desktop and mobile websites, so content changes are automatically reflected on the mobile site.
About Paskill Stapleton & Lord
Founded in 1986, Paskill Stapleton & Lord is a full service marketing and consulting firm that specializes in admissions recruitment, development and marketing for Colleges and Universities. It has offices in Glenside & Pittsburgh, PA and Springfield, MA, Charlotte, NC.
About Neumann University
Founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia, Neumann is a private, Catholic, co-educational University in the Franciscan tradition, which emphasizes respect for individuals, concern for the environment, and social responsibility. The University offers undergraduate degrees in a broad variety of subjects, six graduate programs, and an accelerated bachelor's degree program for adults.
- John Stapleton Reports from CUPRAP 2014
- PS&L Wins Eight Education Digital Marketing Awards
- Dana Evans to Present “Put the Freeze on Summer Melt” at NSCEC 2014
- PS&L & Omni Update: The Dynamic Duo of Web Redesign
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord Sets a New Webinar Attendance Record
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord to Conduct 3 Advanced Admissions Management Bootcamps
- Jewish Theological Seminary Targets Jewish Teens for College Application Workshop
- The Workshop for a Student-First Culture
- PS&L to Receive 5 More Awards at the 28th Annual Educational Advertising Awards
- Two Paskill Stapleton & Lord Clients Will Be Awarded CUPPIES in March
- Neumann University TV Spots Expose Its True Personality
- PS&L President Jim Paskill to Present at AACSB Business School Symposium
- People will watch a good video if you serve it up.
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord @ 2012 eduWEB Conference
- Cabrini College Sets Up Mobile Website in only Five Weeks
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord Hires an Intern from Long Time Client Neumann University
- D’Youville College Launches New Redesign of Its Website
- PS&L Client’s “Poster Child” Featured in The Chronicle’s “Say Something” Series
- Delaware Valley College Hires PS&L to Design Undergraduate Admissions Publications
- Bob Oxman & Bill Hurlburt to Speak at UCDA